Central Reception Desk: 906-723-2730
Central Reception Fax: 906-466-9124
Days of Operation/Hours
Youth Center Hours of Operation: Daily 1:00-9:00 pm
Youth must be age 7 or older to utilize the Youth Center unsupervised. Youth under age 13 are not allowed after 6:30 pm except for special events.
** Youth Services Department will open for students at 3:10 p.m. on school days.
Visit the Hannahville Youth Services Facebook page to get updates on activities and events!
Summer Youth Employment Program
The Summer Youth Employment Program is a tribally funded program that employs between 50-60 youth each summer for a 7-8 week period. Once a student applies for the program they are interviewed and selected for various positions based on their interests and skill set. Some of the job sites available this summer will include: Aquaponics Operation, Day Care Aides, Kidzone Assistants, Water Treatment Technician Assistant, Casino Human Resources, Visions Center Receptionist, Housing Assistant, and General Laborers.
The Hannahville Youth Employment Program is intended to give youth the opportunity to:
• Enhance basic educational skills.
• Build career awareness of occupations.
• Build civic responsibility, employability and worker maturity skills.
• Prepare for the local labor market.
• Provide exposure to the world of work.
• Encourage school completion, or enrollment in alternative school settings.
As a participant, youth have the opportunity to be placed in an individual worksite that aligns with their career pathway of interest, to help them learn about their potential career choice. The purpose of the experience is to enhance the job prospects and career opportunities of young people, and to enable them to secure unsubsidized employment in the public and private sectors of the economy.
This experience includes a well-supervised work experience and additional services to include labor market, career information, team building, leadership building and other worker maturity skills needed in today’s workplace.
Tribal members and descendants between the ages of 14-19 (14 years of age by June and 19 or through the summer of graduation) are eligible for Summer Youth Employment. Eligible youth must have their paperwork turned in no later than May 7, 2015.
The Job Fair will be held on Thursday, May 14, from 3:00-5:00 pm in the upper level of Youth Center at which time site supervisors will conduct interviews.
If you have any questions, please contact Rebecca Spreitzer, Youth Employment Coordinator at 723-2726.
The community Youth Services Department coordinates a variety of safe, supervised, recreational and learning activities for youth and families fostering the development of respectful, caring, empowered citizens who contribute to their community in positive ways.
- Lounge, Board games, video games, Open gym
- Kid Zone is an academic enriched after school program, which meets Monday – Thursday from 3:10 – 5:15 p.m., which offers students a snack, homework help/tutoring, daily academic activities.
- Dance classes, Fit Club, Movie Nights, Art classes, Hiking, Beading
- Family Recreation Night is every Wednesday from 5:30 p.m. – 7:30 p.m.; an evening meal is served from 5:30-6:15 p.m., art activity, and a physical structured activity. Transportation home is provided for Youth who live on the reservation only.
- Daily snack, some evening meals
- Special events i.e. Halloween Carnival, Easter Potluck, Community Play Day, New Years Eve lock-in, Youth Christmas Parties…
Kid Zone is for students in grades 1st-5th.
Summer Kid Zone is for students entering 1st grade (in the fall) through exiting 6th grade.
Success Lab is open to all youth who are eligible to attend the youth center.
All Hannahville Youth Services’ events and activities are for YOUTH (unless designated as a “family” event) and are subject to change.
Youth must be at least 7 years old to utilize the Youth Center unsupervised. Youth under age 13 are not allowed after 6:30 PM except for special events.
Referral or Application Process
Kid Zone (is voluntary but students may be referred by their teacher based on their academic performance, applications may be picked up in the Youth Services’ Central office)
Success Lab (drop in tutoring or academic referral, where a parent or teacher can refer student for tutoring services, referrals may be picked up in the Youth Services’ Central office or with any teacher.)
21st Century Community Learning Coordinator
Youth Services Assistants-
906-466-2952 ext. 7723
Youth Employment Coordinator, Rebecca Sprietzer