N14911 Hannahville B-1 Rd. Wilson, MI 49896 Phone: (906) 466-2959 Fax: (906)723-2598 Project VISIONS is a vocational rehabilitation program for Native Americans with disabilities living on or near the reservation. All services enhance the employability of eligible participants and help people achieve personal, educational and vocational skill development, resulting in appropriate employment with tribal programs and enterprises, and on or off reservations businesses. Project VISIONS can help clients become employed or keep a job they may already have by offering many support and educational services. Each year, VISIONS assists many tribal members with disabilities to find and maintain employment. Staff members are available Monday-Friday to assist Tribal Members who are unemployed and have a documented physical or mental disability. The center also has a computer lab that is available for use for educational and employment related purposes. Computer classes are also offered and are open to any community members or tribal employees
About Project Visions
The purpose of Project VISIONS, as funded by a federal is to:
- Provide vocational rehabilitation services to tribal members with disabilities who reside on, or near, the Hannahville reservation.
- Provide serves that are consistent with the tribal member’s individual strengths, resources, priorities, concerns, abilities, capabilities, and informed choice.
- Provide encouragement and assistance to tribal members preparing for gainful employment on or off the reservation, which may include self-employment, telecommuting and business ownership.
If you are eligible for project VISIONS you may receive:
- Vocational Counseling
- Vocational Evaluation/Career Exploration
- Job Seeking Skills Training
- Job Development
- Physical Aids
- Tools and Equipment
- Other federally approved services needed to find and keep a job.
Service provision is coordinated with other agencies and programs, including Michigan Rehabilitation Services, Michigan Works!, Indian Health Services, and other tribal programs.
To be eligible for our programs you must:
- be an enrolled member of the Hannahville Indian Community, or
- be enrolled as a member of a Federally recognized tribe, and live on the Hannahville Reservation, and
- have a documented physical or mental disability, and
- have a desire to work and actively participate toward an employment goal.